Information we collect
We collect information in two ways:
- Information you give us. Some of our services require you to sign up for a AxixMedia Account. When you do, we’ll ask for personal information, like your name, email address, telephone number or credit card.
- Information we get from your use of our services. We collect information about the services that you use and how you use them, like when you watch a video on the AxixMedia, visit a page or site that uses our advertising services, or when you view and interact with our ads and content. This information includes:
- Device information
We and/or our service providers may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information including phone number). AxixMedia may associate your device identifier or phone number with your AxixMedia Account.
- Log information
When you use our services or view content provided by AxixMedia or our service providers we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This includes:
- details of how you used our service, such as your search queries.
- telephony log information like your phone number, calling-party number, forwarding numbers, time and date of calls, duration of calls, SMS routing information and types of calls.
- Internet protocol address (IP address).
- device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your AxixMedia Account.
- Location information
We may collect and process information about your actual location. Either AxixMedia or our service providers may use various technologies to determine location, including IP address, GPS, and other sensors that may, for example, provide us with information on nearby devices, Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
- Unique application numbers
Certain services include a unique application number. This number and information about your installation (for example, the operating system type and application version number) may be sent to AxixMedia or one of our service providers when you install or uninstall that service or when that service periodically contacts our servers, such as for automatic updates.
- Local storage
We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
- Cookies and anonymous identifiers
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones, and to protect AxixMedia and our users. We also use this information to offer you tailored content – like giving you more relevant search results and ads.
If you have a AxixMedia Account, we may display your Profile name, Profile photo, and actions you take on AxixMedia or on third-party applications connected to your AxixMedia Account (such as reviews you write and comments you post) in our services, including displaying in ads and other commercial contexts.
We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
We use information collected from cookies and other technologies to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services.
AxixMedia processes personal information on our servers or on partners’ servers in many countries around the world. We may process your personal information on a server located outside the country where you live.
Transparency and choice
Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used. If you have a AxixMedia Account you can:
- Review and control certain types of information tied to your AxixMedia Account.
- You may also set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. However, it’s important to remember that many of our services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
Information you share
Many of our services let you share information with others. Remember that when you share information publicly, it may be indexable by search engines.
Accessing and updating your personal information
If you have set up a AxixMedia Account we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup systems).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of AxixMedia unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With your consent
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of AxixMedia when we have your consent to do so as when you fill out interactive forms that are branded for a particular sponsor.
- With domain administrators and other AxixMedia service providers
If your AxixMedia Account is managed for you by a domain administrator then your domain administrator and resellers who provide user support to your organization will have access to your AxixMedia Account information (including your email and other data). Your domain administrator may be able to:
- view statistics regarding your account, like statistics regarding applications you install.
- change your account password.
- suspend or terminate your account access.
- access or retain information stored as part of your account.
- receive your account information in order to satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal processes or enforceable government request.
- restrict your ability to delete or edit information or privacy settings.
- For external processing
- For legal reasons
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of AxixMedia if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of AxixMedia, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
We restrict access to personal information to AxixMedia employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us and who may be terminated if they fail to meet these obligations except where you choose to share your information directly with a third party service provider, sponsor or advertising service. We also share information with valued service providers who have their own privacy policies. For a complete list of current service providers please contact AxixMedia directly.
Compliance and cooperation with regulatory authorities
When we receive formal written complaints, we will contact the person who made the complaint to follow up. We work with the appropriate regulatory authorities to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that we cannot resolve with our users directly.